From braces to Invisalign®, our Bellevue and Seattle orthodontist has options to change your smile (and life!).
Orthodontics Isn’t One Size Fits All
Your smile is just as unique as you. We have many services to ensure you get the best treatment possible.
Would you like to straighten your smile without anyone noticing? Are you looking for an alternative to metal braces? Then, Invisalign® may be for you.
Invisalign® is a modern twist on orthodontics, using clear, comfortable aligners instead of metal brackets and wires.
Why choose Invisalign® vs. traditional braces?
- The aligners are removable
- Enjoy your favorite foods and drinks
- Brush and floss normally
- They’re virtually invisible and super discreet
- Aligners are comfortable to wear
- Typically faster treatment times than traditional braces (each case is unique, and treatment times vary)
- For some other patients, Invisalign is more efficient and preferred than braces
At Teng Smiles Orthodontics, we have Invisalign® options for kids, teens, and adults.
Ceramic braces work like metal braces but don’t use metal brackets. In turn, they look more subtle and are a popular adult orthodontic service option.
Why choose ceramic braces vs. metal braces?
- Better cosmetic appeal
- They’re made of a translucent, clear material
- Your natural beauty shines through (instead of shiny metal)
- Feel more confident during treatment
Ceramic braces in Seattle and Bellevue give you more options for adult orthodontics.
Are you searching online for the “best orthodontist near me?” When researching specialists, be sure to look into their technology and experience.
Dr. Teng stays up-to-date on dental advancements to bring you better care. We offer digital scans and treatment planning with the help of iTero Scanner.
What does an iTero Scanner do?
- It scans your mouth, teeth, and gums
- We use this scan to create your custom Invisalign® aligners
- Improves accuracy and precision in planning and treatment
- No goopy, messy, and uncomfortable impressions required
As an orthodontist in Seattle and Bellevue, Dr. Teng uses the iTero machine to ensure your smile receives the best treatment.
When should your child first see an orthodontist? The American Association of Orthodontists recommends an initial evaluation at the first sign of orthodontic problems or no later than the age of seven.
At this early age, orthodontic treatment may not be necessary, but vigilant examination can determine the best time to begin treatment.
What are the most common advantages of early treatment?
- Addresses crowding and creates room for erupting teeth
- Improves facial symmetry and proper jaw growth
- Reduces the risk of trauma to protruding front teeth
- Preserves space for unerupted teeth and reduces the need for tooth removal
- May help you save time and money
- Potentially decreases treatment time with braces
- To assess potential airway issues and abnormal habits, such as mouth breathing, related to jaw and facial growth
Our Seattle and Bellevue orthodontist promotes a healthy, beautiful smile in children for better living and confidence from a young age.
You may be wondering, can adults have orthodontic treatment? What type of braces is the best for adults?
Adults can pursue orthodontics, too. In fact, about 50% of our patients are over the age of 21.
Why it’s never too late to get started:
- We customize each treatment for your lifestyle and needs
- Orthodontic services include Invisalign® clear aligners and modern braces
- Straight teeth improve confidence and oral health
- Crooked teeth and a bad bite can have negative effects on your oral health (gum and bone loss, tooth decay, abnormal wear of the tooth enamel and surfaces, headaches, and jaw joint pain from TMJ/TMD)
With advancements in orthodontics, Dr. Teng provides techniques and appliances for a more comfortable process and shorter treatment time.
How do you find the right orthodontist? Look for someone who brings beauty and function together to give you a straight, healthy smile for life.
When it comes to your smile, it’s crucial to have clear communication with your general dentist and any other specialists you’re seeing. By cohesively working together, we can achieve the best results.
Dr. Teng partners with your healthcare providers to look at the whole picture of your oral health and well-being. Factors we consider:
- Is your bite aligned?
- Are your gums healthy?
- Are you experiencing headaches?
- How’s your health?
These factors help ensure a comprehensive plan that benefits you for years down the road. In addition to braces or Invisalign®, recommended treatments may include:
- Jaw surgery
- TMJ treatment
- Restorative dentistry
- Periodontal treatment
Every situation is different, and Dr. Teng works with you and your doctor to ensure you’re getting the best care and long-lasting results.
Ready to straighten your teeth but don’t know where to begin? Do you have crooked teeth or a bad bite and are afraid your case may be too complex?
Metal braces use a proven, traditional method of straightening all types of misalignment, from mild to moderate and complex cases.
Reasons to choose metal braces in Bellevue and Seattle:
- We use an effective system to ensure your teeth are aligned correctly
- High-quality materials include titanium or stainless steel brackets, archwires, and rubber bands (AKA ligature elastics)
- The modern design is less noticeable than in previous versions
- Metal braces are more advanced than ever for better comfort
Our Seattle and Bellevue braces combine a traditional solution with a modern technique to create your straighter, healthier smile.
Do you require corrective jaw surgery, AKA orthognathic surgery, to treat and correct abnormalities of facial bones? Often, these abnormalities cause difficulty with everyday activities, chewing, talking, and sleeping.
Jaw surgery corrects these problems and, in conjunction with orthodontic treatment, helps improve the overall appearance of your facial profile.
How does jaw surgery in Bellevue and Seattle improve quality of life?
- The latest digital imaging technology shows us the overall functional and aesthetic benefits of orthognathic surgery
- We use this imaging for computerized treatment planning to improve efficacy
- These advances in technology, equipment, and procedures reduce the treatment time and post-surgical recovery period
Surgery of the jaw is faster, more comfortable, and more effective than ever to create a proper bite. So enjoy your life free from pain and look amazing!
In addition, we also implement PAOO (periodontally accelerated osteogenic orthodontic) and TADs (temporary anchorage devices) to treat a variety of cases without doing jaw surgery.
What’s the best way to keep your teeth straight after orthodontic treatment? Wear a retainer as recommended by your orthodontist.
Retention is the period of time following braces or Invisalign® that maintains your results. Teng Smiles Orthodontics includes retainer checks for up to one year.
Why is retention so important?
- Retainers hold your teeth in their new position after treatment
- You’ve invested time and money into straightening your teeth, and retention helps prevent teeth from shifting to their original position
- Follow your retainer recommendation to avoid relapse and keep your new smile for the rest of your life
- Invisalign Vivera retainers
Our Seattle and Bellevue orthodontist is here for you and your family, and we provide the same level of care and attention to detail even after you’re done with your initial treatment.
‘‘I’m happy to learn so much about orthodontics. As an adult, I’ve always thought orthodontics is for teenagers. As a matter of fact, orthodontics can not only benefit our appearance but also improve our bites, jaw issues, sleeping quality, etc. ’’